Summary & Role Information
You will lead strategy development for SAP’s New Ventures & Technologies (NVT) in alignment with SAP’s long-term innovation agenda by…
identifying technological and market shifts that can impact our industry, and evaluating their relevance and need for action laying out the emerging competitive landscape along with our strategic imperatives and helping derive new opportunity areas and value pools in collaboration with peer teams condense new findings, evaluation results, and amendments to SAP’s innovation strategy in presentations on top management and board level
identifying structural gaps and corresponding solution paths to make sure NVT keeps pursuing an impactful transformative innovation approach helping NVT build a strong portfolio by acting as an advisor in portfolio decisions
- University degree in business or engineering required; advanced degree (e.g., MBA) is a plus
- Excellent knowledge about the latest business trends & technology advancements in the B2B software industry combined with a comprehensive technological understanding and ideally a strong background on platform business models and platform ecosystems
- Superior stakeholder management skills, especially towards senior and top management
- Excellent presentation, communication, and networking skills, ideally combined with a strong sense for influencing and messaging
- Strong and proven project management skills, conceptual and structured work style as well as strategic analytical thinking skills
- “Can-do” attitude, capable of continuously adapting to new topics and adjusting focus in a fast-moving environment
- A mindful team player with a humble and positive mindset
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills in English and German.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in project management roles, preferably complemented by a consulting or product management background
- Experience in innovation strategy development in organizations across multiple business units and cross-functional teams – from greenfield innovation projects to dedicated, curated innovation areas
- Project management experience in the context of transformative innovation and business incubation in close collaboration with engineering teams
- Broad understanding of the transformation journey from an on-premises towards a platform-centric enterprise software business
- Successful track record and excellence in presenting to senior management and executives across business units at a global level
- Experience from working in different industries is a plus
About the team
The Board Area Technology & Innovation (T&I) is responsible for SAP’s overall platform and technology development e.g. covering the SAP Cloud Platform and SAP HANA. In addition, T&I drives the incubation and adoption of intelligent technologies like Analytics and Machine Learning across SAP’s product portfolio. The T&I board area is also in charge of SAP’s global innovation agenda and builds new business model- and market-driven innovations by leveraging an incubation and start-up ecosystem to help customers realize the most business value for them and by creating the foundation for SAP’s long-term organic growth. SAP’s New Ventures & Technologies (NVT) business unit is SAP’s central innovation unit and a pioneer of transformative technologies and business incubation.
By developing unconventional solutions, inspiring prototypes, and new products, we drive progress in the IT industry and bring the latest trends to SAP. We are SAP SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world. SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Interested? Apply here.