As the Innovation Product Manager at the SAP Innovation Center Network, you will:
- Be the key driver for emerging technology product strategy development and execution (end-to-end)
- Gather and analyze data about customers, competitors, and current openings in the market.
- Understand the needs of our customers and present these needs to key stakeholders within SAP in a persuasive and actionable manner
- Ensure the development of customer-centric solutions through collaboration with development teams
- Work across multiple groups to write scripts and develop cohesive narratives that inspire customer and stakeholder buy-in
- Be responsible for the scope, desirability, and delivery of proof of concepts (POC) and products at their incubation phase to prove their further investment decision
- Analyze technology trends and customer needs/requirements to identify growth opportunities for SAP Proactively engage and provide input for early and late-stage product strategy discussions
- Drive idea positioning, product vision, and roadmap
- Constantly evaluate competitive products on basis of publicly available information to ensure their product is on-par or competitive in the current market
- Enrich backlog and ensure that the scrum team and other relevant stakeholders have a comprehensive understanding
- Contribute to the creation of product-related non-coded assets (such as rollout and knowledge transfer material) Collect and incorporate early feedback from customers and other relevant stakeholders
- Engage with and support academic and start-up ecosystem collaborations and partnerships
- 5+ years of work experience steering the direction of a product or major initiative in the context of enterprise software
- At least 2 years work experience on technology-focused projects/products
- Ability to effectively and constructively lead change by managing stakeholders
- First-hand experience with user research methods and product analytics
- Ability to build strong relationships within and outside of SAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (German also a plus)
- Affinity to understand the implications of new technologies.
- Good business sense and demonstrated achievement in customer-facing projects
- Education background in Business and Computer Science related studies or equivalent would be a plus
- Start-up experience or background is a plus
About the team
The mission of the SAP Innovation Center Network (ICN) is to contextualize and pioneer emerging technologies that will be foundational for the future success of SAP and of our customers. We are a diverse, global team and collaborate across roles, functions, and locations, enabling every colleague to contribute and investigate new ideas. We identify and contextualize emerging technologies to define their value for business and society. With around 200 development, business, and design experts worldwide, the ICN is geared up to make an impact. As innovation requires courage, curiosity, and patience, we live up to a culture of trial and continuous learning. This paves our way to success: We create tangible business value with revenue-generating solutions for our customers and large-scale adoption of cutting-edge technology at SAP.
Our team in Potsdam explores new ways of working with technology to free up people’s creativity and ingenuity by reducing their repetitive tasks, bringing contextual information to the right place and at the right time, and enabling time for high-value activities that have a real business impact. We work on articulating and prototyping visions of enterprise software beyond the current roadmaps, investigating the most important jobs-to-be-done in the enterprise, and running projects to take us closer to fully autonomous enterprise software all of it in the context of finance and augmentation. The team cultivates an entrepreneurial spirit by encouraging risk-taking, transparently sharing successes, failures, and learnings, practicing continuous improvement, promoting psychological safety, and engaging in brainstorming sessions, design thinking workshops, and any other ideation methods or activities that foster creativity.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world. SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.