Summary and role
SAP Business Process Intelligence (BPI) organization develops end-to-end capabilities for strategic process transformation and the reinvention of customer experiences. BPI lays the foundation for the Intelligent Enterprise of the future. We are looking for a frontend expert and a well-versed technology leader for the emerging cross-architecture team in the BPI organization. The cross-architecture team’s mission is to collaboratively drive the technology strategy of the organization, empower the teams to execute on it and work with the stakeholders in SAP to promote the technology needs of the organization.
As a development architect and a frontend expert, you …
- Lead and align the architecture of performant, scalable, reliable, secure, and compliant cloud applications along with the entire portfolio of Business Process Intelligent products
- Manage the collaboration with the stakeholders within and outside of the organization and establish a collaborative decision-making process
- Drive the best practices of the modern frontend system design and architecture
- Execute hands-on POCs with the prominent SAP and open-source frontend stacks
- Design UI-driven integration scenarios with SAP applications
- Follow SAP NorthStar architecture and technology guidelines, author architecture documents, and work with the stakeholders to agree on the architectural decisions
- Consult senior management and provide technical guidance to development teams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or information systems
- Have a solid grasp of architectural best practices as it relates to complex cross-system use cases
- Have a profound knowledge of modern frontend architecture patterns
- Hands-on experience with modern frontend technology stacks, e.g. ReactJS, SAP Fiori
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in modern cloud infrastructure and cloud technology stacks
- Solid experience in programming for general-purpose JVM-based languages
- Well-developed analytical skills and customer-first mindset to conduct sophisticated business analyses and transform market needs into business outcomes
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal, and presentation), and interpersonal skills
- Strong drive to get things done and an ability to get hands-on to support the team
- Work Experience 8+ years of professional work focusing on the web frontend development
- 3+ years of technology leadership experience of cloud-based systems with the focus on the frontend
- Success track in designing enterprise architectures and building comprehensive business applications on the modern cloud stacks
- Demonstrated ability to act in a distributed team environment across multiple locations
About the team
Building on SAP’s intelligent enterprise strategy it is the mission of Business Process Intelligence to assist our customers in navigating through their digital transformation, help them understand and improve their business processes in a data-driven way. With the acquisition of Signavio, a recognized and strong market leader in the process excellence and intelligence area, we are together creating a comprehensive, end-to-end Business Process Intelligence (BPI) offering to our customers!
Our purpose is to help our customers innovate in an ever-changing world! #SAPBPICareers We are SAP SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world. SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.