As a Development Manager (f/m/d) of the SAP BTP Technical Services – Observability, you will:
- Lead a highly skilled and motivated agile team of colleagues with different experience levels.
- Motivate, develop, and coach your employees.
- Actively contribute to the vision, strategy, architecture, and developments of Application Performance Management (APM) and Cloud Metrics Service (CMS) solutions.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to establish a close relationship, define, and rank the overall priorities based on stakeholder requirements, customer feedback, and overall product strategy.
- Create an environment of education, trust, openness, agility, and motivation to form and continuously improve the development team you are responsible for with tenacity to solve problems in a result-focused way.
- Support your employees with applying agile software development approaches and with transforming the software development process according to DevOps principles.
- Be part of a distributed, international operating development organization
- Known university bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science or related fields with at least 3 years working experience leading a development team
- Minimum of 7 years of professional work experience in a development organization
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills
- Excellent organizational management skills
- Passion for robust, enterprise-scale software architecture
- Cloud mindset, entrepreneurial drive, ability to “think out of the box”, and innovate from idea to execution
- Fluent in English and German – both written and spoken
About the team
The APM and CMS teams play a key role in the BTP Observability organization. One is a service centered around offering Dynatrace as a managed offering to BTP and outside of BTP customers and the other is a service that is under development.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Interested? Apply here.