Summary & Role Information
Can you take an idea and use code to turn it into a design/prototype that can be shared with L1 leaders? Are you obsessed with the latest design techniques? Do you fancy yourself a cross between the outside-the-box mindset of Elon Musk? and a lead guitarist of a rock band who can turn a note into a hit? If you answered yes to those questions, this creative developer role may be for you. Let’s face it, music, art, and science have become the cornerstone of the most exciting new fields of creative expression and technology. The way we seek it this also includes the landscape for modern creative coding and why New Ventures & Technology (NVT) is actively looking for a creative developer to join our newly formed Future Hub team – this group is focused on exploring innovation possibilities and multiple future pathways for SAP which have yet to be determined.
As a creative developer, you’ll be working with a small but growing team of thought leaders and futurists as well as cross-functional designers, coders, and project managers across teams all to bring to life the moonshots of tomorrow across B2B industries. This position requires a detail-oriented developer with a commitment to great user experiences.
As a Creative Developer at New Ventures & Technologies (NVT) Future Hub you will:
- Contribute to concepts and build production level graphics and related software
- Write, test, and document code with a variety of languages and libraries
- Prototype graphical sketches and experiments
- Create system diagrams and hardware schematics for interactive installations
- Prototype, setup, configure and test hardware
- Provide input on technology choices such as language, libraries, code paradigms, and system architecture
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with the wider NVT development team using an agile project management process
You favor the simple, elegant, reliable solution. Our work must set the stage for what comes next in the real world. To achieve this, you will prototype software “concept cars” people do not yet know they will need. This is the core – these folks make what we later can experience as “the future”. It is a mix of top-level multimedia produces, skilled to master all moving and blinking and sounding media tools of today AND be able to front-end code a demo, prototype an experience – to creatively invent future user experiences AND be able to make code them in a “demo-fidelity” from quick and dirty to “Hollywood movie”-quality experiences. Be matter experts on the team’s main output – the vision – and how it should lead and inspire the areas it touches: Technology and development with great user experience always first and hand in hand. Be of service to SAP’s ecosystems to close the knowledge gap, be the go-to source of knowledge between vision content and the concept code and visualization.
- Deep passion for digital products and channels
- Desire to experiment and prototype.
- You’re comfortable with uncertainty.
- Solution-driven, able to improvise and be highly creative, and a conceptual strategist and thinker
- Able to actively collaborate as part of a distributed team
- Passion for getting the details right, but also an ability to see how those details fit into the big picture
- Great design sensibility with new platforms, especially newer technologies like AI/ML, AR/VR, and 3D graphics
- Organized, detail-oriented approach to solving problems
- Can reduce complex topics down to the right balance of flexibility and ease of use
- Clear, respectful communication skills.
- You let your team know your progress and needs.
- Self-directed contributor.
- You look for ways to help out and have strong time-management skills.
About the team
The world’s biggest business issues can’t be solved with traditional thinking. Can you take a macro idea or vision and bring it to life through a design/prototype that can be shared with global leadership? Are you obsessed with the possibilities of the future and finding new ways for software to improve lives? If so, we’re looking for a savvy Creative Developer to join a newly formed Future Hub team launched to make visions more tangible for our colleagues as we explore breakthrough possibilities and multiple future pathways for SAP which have yet to be determined, sometimes with the speed of a startup. We are SAP SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world. SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Interested? Please apply here.