Summary & Role Information
As a Creative Developer, you’ll be working with a small but growing team of proven thought leaders and futurists as well as cross-functional designers, coders, and project managers across teams all to create radical ways to challenge the status quo, solve hard problems while simultaneously advancing human ingenuity to bring to life the moonshots of tomorrow across interplanetary industries. This position requires a detail-oriented developer with a generalist tech background in industrial prototype and architectural design with a deep commitment to sci-fi-sounding tech and great user experiences. You should feel like if you are the missing link between a senior designer and senior developer, a hybrid expert, and a free, autonomous creative that contributes to moonshot ideas and weighs in on possibilities from a design and development perspective.
As a Creative Developer at New Ventures & Technologies (NVT) Future Hub you will:
- Create, develop and deliver vision concept-prototypes
- Transform research insights, information architectures, technology trends into game-changing designs to experienceable concept prototypes, and build these concept car-like prototypes and configurations (at times with limited notice)
- See the problem and explore future ways to solve it through front-end development and concept design
- Be seen as an expert on how future technologies can be implemented on SAP’s Business Technology Platform (BTP) through digital and physical experiences which may evolve into key solution offerings or separate businesses in the future
- Write, test, and document code with a variety of languages and libraries that live in API based cloud environment
- Create system diagrams and software-driven schematics for interactive installations
- Provide input on technology choices such as language, libraries, code paradigms, and system architecture
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with the wider NVT development team using an agile project management process
The ideal candidate will be:
- A self-directed contributor.
- Able to lead overall prototype direction within the team and spearhead direction on all project ideas and activities, and have strong time/project management skills.
- Comfortable with uncertainty and carry a passion to experiment and prototype.
- Able to see how details fit into the big picture. You favor simple, elegant, reliable solutions.
- Can reduce complex topics down to the right balance of flexibility and ease of use. Strongly experienced in creatively solving problems through digital products and channels.
- Not only sees the problem but understands it.
- Organized, detail-oriented approach to solving problems
- An active collaborator in a distributed team with clear, respectful communication skills.
- You let your team know your progress and needs.
- You look for ways to help out.
Technical knowledge combined with the analytical and creative design approach to process improvement and operational efficiency is required, as well as the following skills/experience:
Great design sensibility for new platforms, newer technologies like smart contacts, Robotics, AI/ML, AR/VR and 3D graphics, etc.
Work Experience of at least 7 years.
About the team
The world’s biggest business issues can’t be solved with traditional thinking. Can you take a macro idea or vision and bring it to life through a design/prototype that can be shared with global leadership? Are you obsessed with the possibilities of the future and finding new ways for software to improve lives? If so, we’re looking for a savvy Creative Developer to join a newly formed Future Hub team launched to making visions more tangible for our colleagues as we explore breakthrough possibilities and multiple future pathways for SAP which have yet to be determined, sometimes with the speed of a startup.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world. SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Interested? Please apply here.