Summary & Role Information
We are looking for an Assistant to support the Head of NVT. You will be part of the NVT’s COO Team, reporting to NVT’s Chief Operating Officer Johanna Biesalski. You will work closely with the L2 Leadership Team and their respective units as well as offices. You will have the opportunity to take responsibility and foster relationships with stakeholders, e.g. from senior management and board offices. You will ensure smooth office processes while looking after content preparation and the operation of daily office functions and duties. This is an ideal role for a very structured and open-minded individual with an interest to work in a technology-focused environment. This role will be based out of Berlin, Germany. Your tasks will include:
- Co-ordinate and execute day-to-day business, including efficient inbox management
- Manage Calendar requests and room bookings
- Assist with travel booking and expenses
- Support the preparation, execution, and follow-ups of strategic meetings with key internal and external stakeholders
- Compile information of strategic programs in collaboration with respective areas
- Execute cross-unit activities and special tasks as well as cooperation with other areas Onsite support during business travels to ensure smooth business operations and content support on all levels in alignment with the back office
- Act as a contact person for vendors, customers, partners, and direct reports and manage internal and external correspondence on behalf of the Head of NVT
- Proof-reading and drafting of emails and various documents in English and German
- University degree in Business Administration or similar
- Professional and impeccable conduct towards colleagues and customers
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and planning skills as well as a commitment to operational excellence in assigned tasks
- Highest level of flexibility, integrity, and confidentiality
- Team-oriented and hands-on working style, open-mindedness, intercultural sensitivity, and empathy
- Proficient with communication and presentation tools (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Excellent level of English and German, both written and spoken
- The ability to adapt to a fast-changing, innovative environment
- The ‘confidence’ to interact and guide the L2 Leadership Team around the Head of NVT
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in business administration, management support, and/or project management.
- 3-4 years of professional work experience in project or operations management is preferable.
About the team
The Board Area Technology & Innovation (T&I) is responsible for SAP’s overall platform and technology development e.g. covering the SAP Cloud Platform and SAP HANA. In addition, T&I drives the incubation and adoption of intelligent technologies like Analytics and Machine Learning across SAP’s product portfolio. The T&I board area is also in charge of SAP’s global innovation agenda and builds new business model- and market-driven innovations by leveraging an incubation and start-up ecosystem to help customers realize the most business value for them and by creating the foundation for SAP’s long-term organic growth. SAP’s New Ventures & Technologies (NVT) business unit is SAP’s central innovation unit and a strategic pioneer of transformative technologies and business incubation. By developing unconventional solutions, inspiring prototypes, and new products, we drive progress in the IT industry and bring the latest trends to SAP.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world. SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Interested? Please apply here.