Webseite Deutsche Aidshilfe e.V.
Deutsche Aidshilfe (DAH) is both a self-help organisation and an association of autonomous member organisations and professionals. As an umbrella organisation for more than 115 member organisations, it represents health- and socio-political interests of people living with HIV or AIDS. It also provides prevention of HIV, HCV and sexually transmitted infections (STI) for key populations.
We are looking for a
Coordinator for the project
“European MSM Internet Survey (West)“ (w/m/d/x)
(EG 13 TVöD (Bund), part time (19.5 weekly hours),
limited to 31.10.2024 by approval of the relevant resources by donors)
as soon as possible.
The European MSM Internet Survey (EMIS) is a recurrent survey on the sexual health of gay, bisexual men and other men who have sex with men (MSM). It took place in 2010 and 2017, and will be conducted again in 2023/24. The overall aim of EMIS is to generate data useful for the planning of HIV and STI prevention and care programmes and the monitoring of national progress in this area. More information can be found here: www.emis-project.eu
The multilingual survey will be hosted by Maastricht University, the coordination will be organised in collaboration with AIDS Action Europe by Deutsche Aidshilfe – for the European Economic Area (EEA), Israel and Switzerland (“West”) –, and with Robert Koch Institute (RKI) – for countries of the EU Enlargement Area, the EU Eastern Partnership, and in Central Asia (“East”).
Areas of responsibility:
· Participation in the revision of the survey
· Cooperation with communities in Germany to promote the survey
· Cooperation with the RKI for collecting the data in Germany
· Coordination of the translation of the English master questionnaire into EEA languages
· Design of a promotion in all EEA countries and report on the promotion
· Data analysis in R and report of full EMIS data set, jointly with the EMIS (East) coordinator at RKI and the PIs
· Establishing a framework for country reports with dummy tables and an R-markdown script for the analysis
· Production of up to 10 country reports in English
· Creating tables and maps for ECDC indicators
· Drafting the methodology paper for EMIS-2023/24
· Close and good collaboration and exchange with the EMIS project stakeholders (project lead, EMIS (“East”) coordinator @ RKI, AIDS Action Europe etc.)
· A relevant university degree (Master degree)
· Knowledge in Social Epidemiology / MSM Sexual Health surveys
· Knowledge of R data management and markdown script writing
· Experience in writing promotion plans and reports, creating promotion materials and coordinating promotions
· Skills in cross-check translations
· Proficiency in written and spoken English and fluency in German
· Strong communication skills, strong analytical skills and intercultural sensitivity
· Highly organised, able to adhere to and deliver reports on competing plans, priorities, schedules and deadlines
· Able to work cooperatively as part of a team and on own initiative
· Basic knowledge of HTML or experience with WordPress is helpful
· A manifold, responsible position with a great deal of creative freedom in an international team
· Flexible working hours and the possibility of working remotely
· 30 days of annual leave and days off on December 24 and 31
· Access to authorship for peer-review publications
We aim to have different identities, biographies and backgrounds of experience represented in our team. Prevention work needs a variety of perspectives. We would like to expressly invite gay, people living with and affected by HIV, people of all gender identities and people from marginalized perspectives to apply. People with severe disabilities will be given preference if they are equally qualified.
Then we look forward to receiving your application with a letter of motivation, CV and your most important certificates. We are well aware that not all qualification requirements can always be met when starting a job. So please write to us about what particularly distinguishes your profile with regard to the job requirements and where you see opportunities for development and learning.
Since we want to make our selection decision based on motivation and expertise, we ask you to refrain from including a photo and information about your age and marital status in your CV. Please submit your documents (maximum two files in PDF format up to 10 MB) via our application portal „Connectoor“ by 11.07.2023:
Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications by e-mail for data protection reasons.
The interviews will take place on calendar week 29 or 30 in our office in Berlin.
For further information, please contact Olaf Kretschmer at +49 (0) 30 69 00 87 11.