ABB is a leading global technology company
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Production Engineering Specialist, you will drive improvements in production and processes of PLC products in ABB’s Drives Products Division part of Motion Business. Main Location will be in Heidelberg, Germany.
In this role your focus will be on optimizing the manufacturing processes through innovation in a cost-effective way.
- Being the major interface between production units and own central functions e.g. R&D, SCM or Quality.
- Analyzing and continuously improving the existing processes as well as production and testing equipment in close cooperation with the local teams in the production units.
- Analyzing and adapting required production resources and capacity in line with the Business strategy.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to the manufacturing process in line with cost, safety and timing requirements.
- Investigating new methods, technologies and changes in equipment and process design to meet specifications.
- Consulting and working with production operators and supervisors to implement changes on the production line.
- Several years of experience in production- or process engineering with Electronics production background.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Strong knowledge of SMD, THT, AOI and testing processes of electronic products.
- Preferably experience with lean production.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills in German and English.
- Bachelor or comparable degree with technical background.
More about us
ABB Motion keeps the world turning – while saving energy every day. We innovate and push the boundaries of technology to enable the low-carbon future for customers, industries and societies. With our digitally enabled drives, motors and services our customers and partners achieve better performance, safety and reliability. We offer a combination of domain expertise and technology to deliver the optimum drive and motor solution for a wide range of applications in all industrial segments. Through our global presence we are always close to serve our customers. Building on over 130 years of cumulative experience in electric powertrains, we learn and improve every day.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte careers.abb.